Sunday, August 9, 2015

Shifting Sands Custom Objectives Red Dawn


Shifting Sands 2015 will be a big event.  Everyone loves late war goodies, and who doesn’t love alternate timelines where T-44’s are fighting Comets?
I have been talked into playing Russians by the organizer.  Although their lists aren’t very competitive, I am happy about the modeling opportunities.  I will be posting more about the VERY large amount of work required to get my Russians ready.  All of my older stuff is unacceptable, so I will be stripping a lot, and I have put in a big order to fill out the rest.
ANYWAYS…
I am a huge fan of custom objectives.  I LOVE THEM.  I try and think of the dorkiest things to be fought over.  And sometimes they aren’t even worth fighting for, but are just funny.
Considering Shifting Sands 2015 will see the US face up against the USSR I had to think of something clever to make an objective out of.
Well, lets have the picture speak for themselves.
“In the early days of World War III, guerrillas – mostly children – placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that this nation shall not perish from the earth.”
Whats a greater inspiration than the only American Insurgency to ever take place.  Now can I pull it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment